Foie gras cured in salt
Duck Foie gras cured in salt and pepper.
No additives or preservatives.
- 100 g
- Serves: 2-3
- Conservation: Keep frozen (see label date) or in the refrigerator for a maximum of 15 days. Thaw in refrigerator (2h approx.).
- We recommend controlling the temperature of the salted foie gras when serving it. Keep in mind that it is a natural product with no additives or preservatives, it is pure foie gras!
- Once received, we recommend consuming it within a few days, although it will keep in the fridge for 12 days. It can be frozen.
- One last detail, when you have it ready to eat, please keep the dish in the fridge until the last moment.
- In short, we have to get a foie gras in salt between 2º and 5º, this is the optimum temperature to taste it.
How to taste foie gras in salt:
Foie gras in salt El Greco only needs a good bread to accompany it. But if you want to combine this delicatessen with a jam, a gélé, a PX reduction as suggested by our shop or a chutney, etc… it will be even tastier and more delicious! We leave it up to you, bon profit!!!!
Watch how we prepare the foie gras in salt – Video- Click here. This foie gras is cured in salt from raw material acquired in the Landes region and distinguished with the Label Rouge and IGP Landes.
Label Rouge https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Label_Rouge is awarded to foie gras producers who feed their ducks with non-GMO cereals, without any antibiotic treatment and fattening them in the park with whole grain maize from the same territory.
Les Landes IGP https://www.aec.es/web/guest/centro-conocimiento/indicacion-geografica-protegida certifies that the geographical origin of the ducks is Les Landes. The ducks are raised in a traditional, slow-growing manner (minimum 102 days, 20/25 days longer than normal).
These ducks are identified by their black and white coloration, a hallmark of quality. In keeping with tradition and within the framework of environmentally conscious local agriculture, the ducks are raised in total freedom in the open air, enjoying an environment rich in aromatic plants.
This type of traditional production represents only 5% of all French foie gras production. The selection and sourcing is carried out by us personally in order to ensure a perfect follow-up.
In Greco Foie gras, from this unbeatable raw material, we elaborate our foie gras in a totally handmade way, without additives or preservatives, preserving all the properties, only with salt and pepper.